New Speaking and Workshop Dates:
- U.S. Journal’s Professional Addictions Conference in Seattle: Wednesday May 28 2:00 – 3:30 PM Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, WA: (Heart of Compassion and Mindfulness) Through movement, exaggeration and dialog, together we experientially uncover the integrity of being found by holding all ego thoughts, feelings, stories and reactions in loving compassion. Bring an open mind, comfortable attire and your sense of humor.
- U.S. Journal’s Professional Addictions Conference in Seattle: Wednesday May 28 4:00 – 5:30 PM Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, WA: (Freedom & Inner Peace) Awareness of depression, anxiety, fear and loneliness awakens our deeper sense of self where freedom lives. By reconnecting with the heart powers of Presence, Curiosity, Kindness & Gratitude, we learn how to focus on inner peace rather than problems.
- Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY, Oct. 13-17th, Five-Day Workshop: “FREE YOURSELF: 10 Life-Changing Powers of your Wise Heart,” based on her new book, “Free Yourself,” in bookstores Oct. 7th or pre-order the book on-line from Amazon.com. Come spend five days learning heart tools blending practical Buddhist wisdom with cutting edge therapy techniques for transforming anxiety, depression, fear, grief, loneliness, shame and guilt into inner joy and freedom. Through meditation, movement, inquiry, laughter & dyads, together we will wake up into the unlimited joy, freedom and inner peace that is our birthright. Register online at www.omegainstitute.com or call Omega at 800/944-1001. CE credits.
- Tara Brach’s Washington D.C. Dharma Center Meditation & Dharma Talk, “Freedom through Compassion,” 7-9 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27, Arlington, VA & Wed. 7-9 p.m Oct. 29th River Road Unitarian Church in Bethesda, MD. – Insight Meditation Community of Washington D.C. (IMCW) Click on http://www.IMCW.org for details or Carolyn Hobbs at 970/259-3537 for details.
- Durango Dharma Center Meditation & Talk, “Free Yourself: 10 Life-Changing Powers of your Wise Heart,” 5-6:30 pm Mon., Nov. 3rd, 2014. Contact Durango Dharma Center website or Carolyn Hobbs at 970/259-3537 for details.
- Spirit Rock FREE YOURSELF THROUGH LOVING COMPASSION
“The opening heart is the most beautiful flower of all. The greatest beauty in the world is compassion, love shining free of attachment & grasping.”
by Tarthang Tulku
Freedom is always present, underneath other states of mind. As we cultivate unlimited compassion, one of the divine abodes of our great Heart, we learn to hold all worry, fear, judgment, doubt, despair and other unconscious habits in the warm, loving compassion of our wise heart. Through practice, we discover that all feelings become passageways back to the joy, inner peace and freedom that are our natural birthright.
In this experiential Buddhist workshop we will learn to reconnect with our moment-to-moment inner freedom through meditation, dyads and simple breath and movement awareness exercises. As we blend the wisdom of dharma and psychology, we activate our great heart’s unlimited capacity for presence with awareness and inner resourcefulness. With such grace, every moment helps us feel more hopeful, connected, grounded and trusting in ourselves, loved ones and the gifts of this wise universe.
Carolyn Hobbs, LMFT, is the author of her new book, FREE YOURSELF: Ten Life-Changing Powers of your Wise Heart, published by Wisdom Publications (Oct. 2014) and JOY, No Matter What (Conari, 2005). Carolyn has practiced Buddhist Meditation for forty years and is a former visiting graduate professor at Naropa Institute in Boulder. She started teaching Everyday Joy Workshops at Spirit Rock in 2004 and teaches professional workshops nationally. She has practiced body-centered therapy in Durango, Colorado since 1994.
Date & Time: Sunday, March 1st, 2015 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
6 hours CE credit available for MFTs, LCSWs, nurses and psychologists from SRMC-SCRC.
The new book “FREE YOURSELF” will be on sale March 1st at Spirit Rock.
- U.S. Journal Annual Professional Conferences for 2015, CE credits available:
Lecture/Workshop, “Free Yourself,” in January, 2015, Clearwater, FL
Lecture/Workshop, “Free Yourself,” in March, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
Lecture/Workshop “Free Yourself” in April, 2015, Nashville, TN
Lecture/Workshop “Free Yourself” in late May, 2015, Seattle, WA
- Vallecitos Retreat Center, southern New Mexico, four-day Meditation Retreat
with vipassana teacher Erin Treat on “Inner Joy & Freedom,” Sept. 16-19, 2015.
- Naropa Institute, Boulder, CO, Weekend Workshop, ‘Free Yourself,” Fall 2015.
- Lane County Psychologists Assn., Eugene, OR, “Freedom for Professionals,”
Daylong Workshop, Fall 2015.